Yes, you can – please follow our standard claims process as detailed below.
You can make a claim by getting in touch with our claims team. Please call our Customer Claim Line on 0345 246 2089 to do this.
Six important points to help you after an accident:
- Make a note of the registration number of any vehicles involved, and any witnesses.
- Do not admit responsibility.
- Ask for the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all people involved including any passengers in the other vehicle and details of any property damaged.
- Take a photograph of the scene of the incident if it is safe to do so and you have a camera or a camera-phone.
- If anyone other than you is injured in the accident, you must show your Certificate of Motor Insurance to the police. If you cannot do this at the time of the accident, take it to the police as soon as possible or within 24 hours.
- Draw a diagram of the scene showing the movement of the vehicles to illustrate the direction the vehicles have travelled, and their final positions. Note the road names and position of any witnesses, and any other relevant details to help you recall the incident.
If your car is not driveable following an insured incident we may, subject to availability provide you with the use of a courtesy car.
If you make a claim for an accident that is confirmed as not your fault and the driver of the vehicle that hit your car is not insured, you will not lose your No Claim Discount or have to pay any excess.
Keywords: claims, car crash, collision, hit, claiming, report a claim, NCB, NCD, no claims bonus, third party, car insurance